Asset Transfer Agreement (Land for Shares) | Canada
Make an exchange of land for shares under section 85 of the Income Tax Act (Canada) with this Asset Transfer Agreement.
- The parties are both Canadian corporate entities.
- The seller transfers the land to the buyer. In exchange the buyer assumes the mortgage on the land and issues shares of its capital to the seller.
- The parties agree to jointly file an election under Section 85.
- The Asset Transfer Agreement is part of an asset exchange (rollover) transaction.
- This document complies with Canadian tax laws and is only for use in Canada.
Last Updated: 14-August-2020