Environmental Indemnity | Canada
Mortgage lenders in Canada loan money for many types of commercial properties, including those that may contain contaminants from existing or previous businesses. That's why an Environmental Indemnity is so important.
- Requiring a borrower to provide an indemnity is good protection against legal claims after the fact.
- Under the provisions of this Indemnity, the borrower indemnifies the mortgage lender against any claims or losses arising from environmental contamination of the mortgaged property.
- The borrower also agrees to pay the lender's legal fees.
- This is a Canadian legal form that can be used in any province or territory.
- The Canada Environmental Indemnity is provided in MS Word format. Other formats available upon request.
Last Updated: 07-February-2021