Screenwriter Employment Agreement (non-union) | USA
Hire a screenwriter for a non-union motion picture project with this template Screenwriter Employment Agreement.
- Even though the production is non-union, the parties intend that Writers Guild of America (WGA) credit rules will apply to the contract, to the maximum extent possible.
- The screenwriter will be entitled to fixed compensation (flat fee), plus bonus compensation (based on final production budgets and credit allocation), and contingent compensation (calculated as a percentage of the net profits of the picture).
- The screenwriter will also get additional compensation for sequels and remakes of the picture, and episode and rerun compensation for any television series based on the screenplay.
- The producer will have sole ownership to the screenplay and all materials created in connection with the screenplay, including moral rights. The writer acknowledges that the services are provided to the producer as a work made for hire.
- The Agreement includes an acknowledgement of FCC disclosure regulations by the screenwriter.
- This USA Screenwriter Employment Agreement should be part of the production forms of any non-union project.
Last Updated: 29-January-2021