Lease rural land for a power utility to operate a wind energy conversion facility under the terms of this Wind Farm Land Lease.
- Duration of Lease. The power company (lessee) will initially set up a test site to run a meteorological study for a certain period of time, and the initial lease term will cover the test site.
- Building of Facility. Upon successful completion of the testing period, the lessee will construct a permanent wind farm to convert wind energy into consumable power. The locations of the facilities will be determined from the data collected during the testing period.
- Rent. Annual rent will be calculated as a percentage of the lessee's actual annual gross sales from wind energy production.
- Cost Sharing. The parties will share the cost of constructing any necessary access roads.
- Restructions on Construction. The landowner will not construct or erect anything on the land that may negatively impact the output or efficiency of the wind farm.
- Applicable Law. This is a generic legal agreement which does not contain country-specific language. There may be laws in effect in your area which will require alterations to this template.
- This template is available in MS Word format and is fully customizable.
Last Updated: 14-June-2022