When selling real estate in Alberta, you must provide Dower Act Forms with your transfer documents.
- This package contains:
- a Dower Affidavit,
- Consent of Spouse and Certificate of Acknowledgement by Spouse, and
- Affidavit of Executor or Administrator.
- These forms must be attached to any instrument (such as a transfer of land) disposing of a principal residence in order to fulfill the requirements of the Dower Act with respect to spousal consent to the disposition of the matrimonial homestead.
- Available in MS Word format.
- For use only in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
Last Updated: 28-February-2022