Alberta Notice of Termination of Tenancy for Major Renovations
An Alberta landlord can use this Notice of Termination form to terminate a periodic tenancy if the rental premises are undergoing major renovations.
- The Residential Tenancies Act requires a minimum of 365 days' notice to end the tenancy for this reason.
- The landlord cannot increase the rental amount during the 1-year notice period.
- Major renovations do not include such things as painting, replacement of flooring, or regular maintenance.
- The Notice also includes a Record of Service form so you can record the details of how it was served on the tenant.
- This legal form is provided in MS Word format and is easy to use.
- Intended for use in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
Last Updated: 02-May-2021