Manitoba Health Care Directive
Make a Health Care Directive with this downloadable easy-to-use form for Manitoba residents.
- A Health Care Directive (also called a living will or advance directive) ensures that your wishes for medical treatment are followed in the event that you become unable to communicate those wishes due to illness or injury.
- You can appoint someone you trust to act on your behalf as your proxy, and give that person detailed instructions as to what types of medical treatment you want or don't want.
- The Health Care Directive form includes:
- information and instructions to help you complete the form,
- a Declaration of Incapacity form to be signed by two medical doctors.
- This is a downloadable MS Word file, which is easy to fill in and print.
- This Health Care Directive form was prepared in accordance with the Manitoba Health Care Directives Act.
Last Updated: 12-May-2020