Ontario Continuing Power of Attorney for Property
Who will look after your financial affairs if you are unable to do so for any reason? Appoint someone you trust to handle those matters with this Continuing Power of Attorney for Property.
- The Power of Attorney is made in accordance with the Ontario Substitute Decisions Act, 1992.
- This document allows you to appoint someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf for issues relating to your property.
- The Power of Attorney does NOT grant your agent authority to make health care or personal care decisions for you.
- You can impose conditions and restrictions on your agent's powers as you see fit.
- You can choose if the power of attorney will come into effect only if you become mentally incapable or if you wish to have it become effective immediately.
- The form includes instructions for completing it, and information you need to help guide you through the process.
- This Continuing Power of Attorney for Property is only for use in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- The template is provided in MS Word format, and is easy to use and understand.
Last Updated: 23-January-2019