Texas General Warranty Deed for Joint Ownership
Transfer title of a real estate property in Texas from two sellers to two buyers with this Texas General Warranty Deed for joint ownership with rights of survivorship.
- This is the type of Warranty Deed that is used to convey a property from one couple (spouses or partners) to another couple, who will live in the property.
- The sellers (grantors) covenant to the buyers (grantees) that they have good and marketable title to the property, they have the legal right and power to transfer the title, and they will defend the grantees' right to possess the property.
- The buyers can take title either as:
- joint tenants, with rights of survivorship, which means that if one of them dies, title to the property passes to the surviving joint tenant, or
- community property with rights of survivorship, or
- community property without rights of survivorship.
- The Warranty Deed includes a Community Property Agreement to be signed by the buyers, if applicable.
- Intended for use only in the State of Texas.
Last Updated: 27-April-2022