Employment Agreement | Australia
Hire your new employees with this Employment Agreement template for Australian businesses.
- This form contains provisions for both an ongoing employment and for a fixed term, for instance if the employee is being hired for 1 or 2 years, in which case there is an option to renew the contract.
- The Agreement makes provision for bonuses and allowances to be paid to the employee.
- The employee must be paid overtime at 1 times the normal rate for hours worked in excess of 38 hours in any one week.
- The employee is entitled to 20 days annual leave for each year of continuous employment, up to 8 days of sick leave â„ family leave, and long service leave in accordance with applicable law.
- The employer must pay superannuation at the rate required by law.
- The employee must comply with all relevant occupation health and safety regulations and with the employer's workplace rules and policies.
- Provisions for termination by either party.
- Provisions for grievance procedure and dispute resolution.
- The confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation provisions will survive the termination of the employment for a specified period.
- The template does not make reference to specific state or territorial labour laws. It is customisable and can be edited to reflect the laws in your jurisdiction.
- Available in MS Word format.
- Intended to be used only in Australia.
Last Updated: 09-August-2022