Royalty Agreement for Software Licensing | Canada
Do you develop software for customers that could be licensed to third parties with similar businesses? Set up a licensing and royalty arrangement with this Royalty Agreement contract for Canadian software developers.
- The agreement is between the developer and a client who has hired the developer to create a software package specifically for its business purposes.
- The parties agree to work together to initiate marketing opportunities to license the software to third parties.
- The developer will pay a royalty to the customer for each software license it grants to an end user.
- Royalties will be calculated and paid annually based on the total amount of end-user license fees paid during the preceding calendar year.
- Both parties will use best efforts to promote and market the software to potential end users.
- The Agreement is governed by Canadian laws and can be used in any province or territory of Canada except Quebec.
- This Royalty Agreement template is available as a downloadable MS Word document which can be easily modified to fit your unique needs.
Last Updated: 23-June-2018