Use this Intellectual Property checklist and analysis to identify and protect business assets such as copyright, trade mark, patent, industrial design and trade secrets.
The Checklist will assist you to:
- determine the authorship and/or ownership of each asset,
- track whether assets have been registered with the appropriate government authorities (if required),
- ensure that renewals of such registrations are completed on a timely basis,
- track any assignment of rights in the assets to third parties,
- determine if moral rights waivers have been obtained from employees or other parties (if required), and
- determine if the company is taking all steps necessary to ensure that confidential information remains confidential.
This Intellectual Property Checklist and Analysis template is a downloadable and customizable MS Word form.
Last Updated: 02-January-2018