Software Escrow Agreement | USA
Set up an escrow to hold source code during the term of a license with this comprehensive Software Escrow Agreement for USA based developers.
- Purpose of Agreement. The escrow is being set up in connection with software licence and maintenance agreements between the developer and a customer (licensee) who requires uninterrupted availability of the source code as an essential element of its business.
- Escrowed Materials. The developer will deposit the source code, documentation and related materials with the escrow agent following development, and will deposit upgrades to the software each time modifications are made.
- Role of Escrow Agent. The escrow agent will hold the materials in escrow until such time as it is instructed to release them in accordance with the agreement.
- Ownership. The developer retains ownership of all escrowed materials. The licensee's interest is limited to that of a licensee only.
- Indemnification. The developer and the customer both indemnify the escrow agent against all liability, damages or costs arising from its acting as escrow agent.
- Governing Laws. This legal document is intended for use within the U.S. and makes reference to laws of the United States.
- How to Get the Form. You can download the MS Word document immediately after you purchase it. Other formats are available on request.