Give your employees the option to work remotely and reduce parking and commuting costs for your business with this Work-From-Home Agreement.
- The employee must work the hours set out in an agreed work schedule and must complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Salary, leave, and benefits continue to accrue on the same basis as if the employee was coming to work at the company's brick-and-mortar location.
- The employee must report any hours during which the employee is unable to work due to illness or other reason, in the same manner as if the employee was attending work at the regular workplace.
- Overtime hours must be approved in advance.
- If the employer is supplying computers or other equipment, the employee is responsible for protecting it against loss, damage and unauthorized use while it is in the employee's possession.
- The remote work station must comply with certain health and safety requirements in order to be approved. The employer has the right to conduct inspections to ensure that those requirements are met. The template includes a Remote Workplace Assessment Report to be completed by the inspector.
- The employee is responsible for any tax consequences, and for conforming with local zoning regulations regarding in-home businesses.
- The employee must maintain regular hours of work to ensure coverage by Worker's Compensation, and must report all work-related injuries as soon as possible.
- This Employee Work-From-Home Agreement is a generic legal document template that does not contain any country-specific language.
Last Updated: 26-September-2020