This in-depth article describes a variety of offshore structures available to residents of Canada, for the purpose of asset protection. In particular, opportunities in the Bahamas are discussed.
The article provides a variety of information, including:
Establishing an Offshore Structure for Canadians
- a summary of how each structure is established,
- the purposes, advantages and disadvantages of each type of structure,
- international business corporations,
- settlement trusts,
- international foundations,
- universal life insurance,
- international deferred compensation programs,
- income stabilization plans,
- individual and corporate funding methods.
is intended for residents of Canada, and is provided in Adobe PDF format.