Quebec Assignment of Commercial Lease by Landlord
Transfer an existing lease to a new owner of the property with this Quebec Assignment of Lease by Landlord form.
- The Assignment is between the seller (current landlord), the purchaser of the property (new landlord), and the tenant, and is part of the documentation required to complete the sale of the rental premises.
- The tenant covenants to pay rent to the new landlord and continue to perform the tenant's obligations under the lease.
- The purchaser and seller agree to indemnify each other against any claims or actions arising out of any breach of the terms of the assignment.
- The Assignment form is only for commercial leases. A different form is required for residential rental properties.
- Available in MS Word format.
- This form is for the Province of Quebec, Canada. English language version only.
Last Updated: 31-January-2022