Screenwriter Work for Hire Contract | USA
Hire a screenwriter for a specific motion picture project with this template Screenwriter Work for Hire Contract for US productions.
- The screenwriter is being retained on a work for hire basis, as defined by U.S. copyright law. All ownership of the material developed by the screenwriter in connection with the motion picture belongs to the producer.
- The screenwriter will be paid a fixed fee, plus bonus compensation calculated as a percentage of net revenues after breakeven.
- The screenwriter will also be accorded writing credit for any completed production.
- The screenwriter grants the producers a perpetual right to use his/her name, image and voice in connection with the marketing of the motion picture.
- The screenwriter also assigns to the producer any right he/she may have in the material developed for the motion picture.
- This contract template is provided in MS Word format and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.
- Intended to be used only within the United States.
Last Updated: 21-January-2022