Alberta Personal Directive Form
What would happen if you suddenly became unable to look after yourself? Make your wishes known ahead of time with this Personal Directive form for Alberta residents.
- In a Personal Directive (sometimes called an advance health care directive or a living will), you appoint someone you trust as your agent to make personal care decisions on your behalf if you have been determined to lack capacity to make those decisions for yourself.
- Using this form you can give your agent detailed instructions and set out your wishes regarding:
- health care,
- persons you can live and associate with,
- participation in social activities,
- educational activities,
- employment activities,
- legal matters, and
- other non-financial personal matters.
- This Personal Directive is a free fillable PDF form from the Government of Alberta, Form OPG5521 rev. 2016-06.
Last Updated: 05-February-2019