Ontario Smoke-Free Lease Addendum
Add a smoke-free provision to an Ontario residential lease or tenancy agreement with this free downloadable Lease Addendum form.
- Smoking or vaping of any substance is prohibited within the rental unit, the building and within 5 metres of any window, door or air intake of the building.
- Smoking outside of the building is prohibited within 5 metres of playgrounds and areas where children may be present.
- Registered users of medical cannabis are exempt from the provision only to the extent that they may smoke medical cannabis within their own units. This exemption applies only to the person who has been prescribed the drug.
- This Lease Addendum complies with the Smoke-Free Ontario Act and the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Download the free form in MS Word format.
Last Updated: 25-June-2018