Appoint an attorney to make personal care and medical decisions for you with this Ontario Power of Attorney for Personal Care.
- The Power of Attorney is in accordance with the Ontario Substitute Decisions Act, 1992.
- This document allows you to appoint someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf in the event that you can no longer do so, with respect to medical treatment and personal matters such as housing, clothing, etc.
- This Power of Attorney does NOT grant your attorney authority to manage your finances or property.
- If you give your attorney the power to consent to or refuse medical treatment for you, the power of attorney has the same effect as an advance directive or living will in other provinces.
- The form includes instructions on how to complete and execute the Power of Attorney to ensure that it is valid.
This Ontario Power of Attorney for Personal Care
is a downloadable legal template which is easy to use and understand.