ACT General Power of Attorney
Appoint an attorney (agent) to handle your business and financial affairs for you with this General Power of Attorney for Australian Capital Territory.
- A General Power of Attorney is used to give someone you name the authority to look after your finances, business affairs, legal actions, etc. on your behalf, but ONLY while you are still capable of making such decisions on your own.
- The ACT General Power of Attorney terminates if you lose the legal capacity to make your own decisions.
- A General Power of Attorney cannot be used to delegate the authority to make medical or lifestyle decisions. You must use an Enduring Power of Attorney for that.
- This form contains instructions on how to complete and execute the power of attorney.
- For use in Australian Capital Territory only.
Last Updated: 07-April-2021