Alberta Enduring Power of Attorney
Make an Enduring Power of Attorney with this template form for the Province of Alberta.
- The Enduring Power of Attorney ("EPA") allows you to name someone you trust as your attorney, to manage and make decisions regarding your property and financial affairs, including real estate, bank accounts, investments, corporate shares, taxes, bill payment and collection.
- The powers granted in this document are enduring, which means that they remain in effect until your death or until you revoke them.
- You decide if the EPA will take effect immediately or only after a specified future event, such as if you become mentally incapable of making decisions for yourself.
- Your attorney DOES NOT have the authority to make health care or other medical decisions for you. You will need to make a Personal Directive for that purpose.
- This form contains instructions on how to sign and witness the document, as well as general notes on making a power of attorney in Alberta.
- The package includes an Affidavit of Attestation for the witness.
- This legal form template is only to be used by persons who are residents of the Province of Alberta, Canada.
- Available in MS Word format, easy to download and use.
Last Updated: 15-February-2019