Alberta Offer to Purchase Interest in Crown Leases
Use this downloadable template to make an offer to purchase an interest in crown leases in the Province of Alberta.
- Allocation of Purchase Price. The offer details how the purchase price will be allocated between petroleum and natural gas rights, tangibles, and miscellaneous interests.
- Interest Calculations. This sample offer letter includes two interest clauses - one for no interest, and one for interest to be calculated from the effective date to the date before closing.
- Formal Agreement. If accepted, the offeror will prepare a formal purchase and sale agreement.
- Conditions Precedent. The offer is subject to:
- the offeror performing a satisfactory due diligence review of all books, files, records, and contracts;
- the offeror receiving all necessary regulatory approvals;
- a satisfactory environmental audit by the offeror;
- the vendor being satisfied that Alberta Energy will approve the transfer.
- Jurisdiction. The offer form is written to be used in the Province of Alberta but can be modified for use in other Canadian provinces.
- How to Get the Form. You can download the MS Word template immediately after purchasing it.
Last Updated: 05-July-2021