Should you attempt to sell your business yourself or use a broker? This expert guide discusses the benefits of using a broker or intermediary to sell it for you.
Whether you decide to use a licensed business broker, a lawyer or an accountant experienced in buying and selling privately-owned businesses, there is a lot they can bring to the process. The guide covers a range of topics including:
- retaining an intermediary,
- how commissions are determined,
- completing a business review,
- provisions of the listing agreement,
- preparing and implementing a marketing plan,
- negotiating the deal,
- due diligence and the definitive agreement,
- closing the sale,
- licensed brokers vs. unlicensed intermediaries.
You know your business. But do you know how to sell it? Read Using a Broker to Help You Sell Your Business and decide if an intermediary is right for you.