Michigan Security Deposit Statement
Michigan landlords, if you're deducting any amount from your tenant's damage deposit when they move out, you must provide an itemized Security Deposit Statement within 30 days of the date they move out.
- The Statement sets out the amount of the original security deposit and any additional deposits, less any deductions being made for unpaid rent or utilities, repairs for damages, etc.
- It also sets out whether a refund is being paid to the tenant or if any additional amount is still owing to the landlord.
- The form contains the required notice that the tenant has 7 days after receiving the notice to respond to the landlord or he/she will forfeit the amount claimed.
- This form is a downloadable template which can be filled in on the computer or by hand.
- Intended for use only in the State of Michigan.
Last Updated: 05-October-2021