Ontario Residential Tenancy Agreement
Rent a house or apartment in Ontario to a tenant with this standard Residential Tenancy Agreement Form 2229E.
- The Residential Tenancies Act, 2008 requires this form to be used for all new tenancies after April 30, 2018.
- The template should not be used for care homes, mobile home sites, land lease communities, co-operative housing, and most social housing.
- All sections of the agreement are mandatory and cannot be changed.
- The standard form lease includes General Information for both landlords and tenants as well as instructions on how to complete the agreement.
- This is a fillable PDF form provided by the Government of Ontario Ministry of Housing. Last updated 01/2018.