Cease and Desist Letter re Copyright Infringement (USA)
Is a third party is infringing on your copyright for written works, artwork, images or video? Issue a Cease and Desist Letter with this downloadable template for U.S. copyrights.
- The letter may be prepared by either yourself as the owner of the copyright, or by your attorneys.
- It contains the following:
- details of the owner's copyright,
- the owner's infringement claim against the third party,
- a demand to cease and desist from any further distribution or other use of the copyrighted material,
- a demand that the infringing party provide information concerning the extent of the use, together with all undistributed copies of the material.
- This Cease and Desist Letter template contains references to US copyright laws.
- The form is available in MS Word format and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.
Last Updated: 11-Jan-2018