USA Franchise Disclosure Document
U.S. franchisors are required by FTC regulations to provide all franchisee applicants with this Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which discloses all relevant information about the franchisor and the franchise business, including:
- the franchisor's corporate structure and history,
- the business experience of the principals of the franchisor,
- any current or potential litigation involving the franchisor,
- initial franchise fees and other fees to be paid by a franchisee,
- restrictions on sources of products and services, and restrictions on what the franchisee may sell,
- assistance and training programs offered by the franchisor,
- trademarks, patents, copyrights and proprietary information of the franchisor,
- provisions for renewal, transfer and termination of the franchise agreement,
- dispute resolution,
- financial statements and information,
- other information that a franchisee needs in order to evaluate the business opportunity.
- The FDD also includes a list of addenda for State-specific requirements.
To get your copy of the USA Franchise Disclosure Document, add it to your cart, check out and download the form.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016