A corporation's bylaws set out how the business of the corporation will be conducted. Download this template Bylaw Number One (General Bylaw) for a Canadian corporation which covers such topics as:
- how shareholder meetings are to be called and held, and the procedure for voting,
- procedures for calling, holding and voting at meetings of the board of directors,
- how officers will be appointed and what the duties of each officer are,
- indemnity of directors and officers by the corporation with respect to actions taken by them in discharging their duties,
- how notices and other corporate documents are to be signed.
The Canada General Bylaw (By-law Number One) for Business Corporation can be used for companies incorporated under a Business Corporations Act, whether incorporated federally or provincially. This form is not valid in Quebec.
Last Updated: 27-June-2018