File an Appearance Bond to secure a defendant's appearance for court proceedings with this US Court Form AO 98.
- This form can be used for any of the following types of bond:
- personal recognizance bond,
- unsecured bond,
- secured bond, secured by cash, real property or other property, or
- bail bond with a solvent surety.
- If the defendant fails to appear, the security for the bond may be forfeited.
- The defendant and each of the sureties / guarantors must make certain declarations regarding the property securing the bond and must sign the form.
- Agreement to Forfeit Property (Other than Real Property) to Obtain Defendant's Release, United States District Court Form AO 98 (rev 12/11).
Last Updated: 02-July-2018