Wyoming Surface Use Agreement for Test Well
Use this easy template form to draw up a Surface Use Agreement to drill a stratigraphic test well on lands in Wyoming.
- Right of Way. The land owner grants the operator a right of way to enter and use the property for the purpose of drilling and testing one stratigraphic test well.
- Road Construction. If the operator needs to construct an access road, it must be done in such a manner as to cause the least amount of interference with the owner's operations on the lands.
- Right of Use. The land owner reserves the right to use all access roads and to grant successive easements on the lands.
- Per Diem. The well operator will pay the land owner a per diem rate for use of the lands.
- Site Maintenance. The well operator is responsible for maintaining the well site and the road right-of-way and must not permit the release or discharge of any toxic or hazardous substances.
- Restrictions. Seismic operations and surface discharge of produced water are not permitted anywhere on the owner's property.
- Post-Testing. After testing has ceased, the land owner will be given a 15-day notice to take over the test hole and convert it to a water well. If the owner opts to take over the hole, the owner assumes all liability thereafter. If not, the hole will be filled in and the location restored.
- Jurisdiction. This legal document is written for use in the State of Wyoming but can be modified for use in other U.S. states.
Last Updated: 27-Oct-2017