Blanket Synchronization & Master Use License
Secure the rights to use certain music for a motion picture with this Blanket Synchronization, Performing, Master Use and Mechanical License.
- The copyright owner grants the film producer a nonexclusive perpetual worldwide right to record, reproduce, distribute, perform, export, sell and otherwise use the musical composition only in synchronization or timed relation with the motion picture.
- The film producer also has the right to record, distribute, sell and promote a soundtrack album using the composition, and to release the composition as a single.
- The producer will pay the owner a specified license fee immediately following the commercial release of the film.
- The producer will also pay ongoing royalties for sales of the soundtrack album.
- If the music is used in the finished film, the copyright owner will be given a credit in the titles.
The right music can make a strong connection with your film's audience. Download the Blanket Synchronization, Performing, Master Use and Mechanical License template for your film contracts portfolio.
Last Updated: 07-May-2021