Surrender of Commercial Lease | Canada
Use this template to prepare a Surrender of Commercial Lease for a business or retail lease in Canada.
- The parties agree that the tenant will surrender the premises and the lease will be cancelled and terminated as of a specified date.
- The tenant will pay the landlord a specified amount to terminate the lease, and will forfeit all security and damage deposits paid to the landlord.
- Both the landlord and the tenant agree to honour their obligations until the date of surrender.
- The tenant will remove its trade fixtures and specified leasehold improvements (if possible).
- This legal template is in MS Word format and is easy to download, fill in with your details, and print.
- This form can be used in most Canadian provinces and territories. A French language version may be required for Quebec.
Last Updated: 20-September-2022