General Release of an Individual by another Individual
If you are negotiating a settlement of a claim against you out of court, you should get this General Release signed by the other party before you pay over any settlement funds.
- The person signing the release relinquishes any legal claims they may have against you now or in future with respect to the matter being settled.
- The release is given in exchange for a cash payment and/or other valuable consideration.
- You would use this form of General Release for situations involving individual persons.
- This is a generic legal form which can be used anywhere.
- Don't take a chance that you might be sued in future for something you thought was settled. Buy and download the General Release form and make it a condition of payment.
Last Updated: 16-April-2018