Hire a screenwriter for a specific motion picture project with this template Screenwriter Work for Hire Contract for US productions.
- The screenwriter is being retained on a work for hire basis, as defined by United States copyright law. All ownership of the material developed by the screenwriter in connection with the motion picture belongs to the producer.
- The screenwriter will be paid a fixed fee, plus bonus compensation calculated as a percentage of net revenues after breakeven.
- The screenwriter will also be accorded writing credit for any completed production.
- The screenwriter grants the producers a perpetual right to use his/her name, image and voice in connection with the marketing of the motion picture.
- The screenwriter also assigns to the producer any right he/she may have in the material developed for the motion picture.
This USA Screenwriter Work for Hire Contract
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.