Cease and Desist Letter re Infringing Domain Name | USA
Write a Cease and Desist Letter to a party infringing on your trademark through an unauthorized domain name with this easy template for USA trademarks.
- This type of infringement is in violation of the United States Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act. 'Cybersquatting' is the use of a domain name that incorporates a trademark, without the consent and authorization of the registered owner of the trademark.
- The Cease and Desist Letter may be prepared by either yourself as the owner of the trademark, or by your attorneys. The letter covers the following matters:
- establishing ownership of the trademark,
- how the trademark is being used in connection with the registered owner's website,
- details of the infringement claim,
- a demand that the infringing party cease and desist from using the domain name,
- a demand that the infringing party promptly transfer the infringing domain to the trademark owner.
- This Cease and Desist Letter re Infringing Domain Name template references the laws of the United States and is intended to be used only in connection with trademarks registered under U.S. law.
- The form is provided in MS Word format and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.
Last Updated: 02-Jul-2018