Alberta Cannabis and Smoking Policies for Rental Building
This 2-document package for Alberta landlords contains policies covering the use and cultivation of cannabis as well as a general No Smoking Policy for all rental units and common areas in the building.
- The Cannabis Policy bans smoking, vaping or growing recreational cannabis anywhere on the premises.
- Persons registered to use medical marijuana can apply for an exemption from the ban.
- Cannabis use by minors is absolutely prohibited.
- The No Smoking Policy bans smoking or vaping of any substances. There is an optional grandfathering clause for existing leases.
- Tenants are responsible for ensuring their guests and invitees comply with the policies and for reporting any violations they observe.
- Non-compliance with the terms of the policies will result in issuance of a 14-day termination notice in acordance with the Residential Tenancies Act.
- These policies are written to comply with the laws of the Province of Alberta, including the Alberta Human Rights Act.
- You can download the policy templates immediately after purchasing them. Available in MS Word format.