Are you leaving a house sitter in charge of your home during a holiday or business trip? Fill out this House Sitting Checklist before you go.
The 7-page house-sitting checklist adresses everything that needs to be done before you leave and everything your house sitter needs to know, including:
- your travel information, itinerary and schedule, numbers you can be reached at, emergency contacts, rules and regulations, etc.;
- letting your friends and family know when and for how long you'll be gone;
- which areas and items in your home are off-limits;
- any vehicle care and maintenance required;
- care and feeding of any pets to be left with the house sitter;
- suspending or continuance of utilities and services;
- providing for the house sitter's needs (childcare, storage space, etc.);
- grounds maintenance;
- security protocols.
This House Sitting Checklist Form is available in MS Word format, and is easy to fill out by hand or on the computer. It can be used anywhere.