Are you leaving a house sitter in charge of your home during a holiday or business trip? Fill out this House Sitting Checklist before you go.
The 7-page house-sitting checklist adresses everything that needs to be done before you leave and everything your house sitter needs to know, including:
- your travel information, itinerary and schedule, numbers you can be reached at, emergency contacts, rules and regulations, etc.;
- letting your friends and family know when and for how long you'll be gone;
- which areas and items in your home are off-limits;
- any vehicle care and maintenance required;
- care and feeding of any pets to be left with the house sitter;
- suspending or continuance of utilities and services;
- providing for the house sitter's needs (childcare, storage space, etc.);
- grounds maintenance;
- security protocols.
This House Sitting Checklist Form is available in MS Word format, and is easy to fill out by hand or on the computer. It can be used anywhere.
Last Updated: 10-May-2022