Idaho Declaration of Homestead
Protect the land that you own from attachment by creditors with this Idaho Declaration of Homestead.
- Every homeowner in Idaho is automatically protected by law for the first $100,000 of equity in their primary residence (Idaho Code 55-1003).
- This Declaration of Homestead form is used for either unimproved land (with no buildings) or for a property that you own but do not reside in.
- The homestead exemption will protect the first $100,000 of equity in the property against attachment, levy or sale by your creditors to satisfy outstanding debts.
- Fill in the form and file it with the County Recorder in the county in which the property is situated.
- Available in MS Word format.
- Intended to be used only in the State of Idaho.
Last Updated: 01-February-2022