License to Use Copyright Material in Film
Before you can use copyrighted materials in your movie, you must get permission from the copyright holder with this License and Release form.
- This license and release can be used for artwork, photos, quoted material and other copyrighted materials.
- The copyright holder grants the producer an exclusive perpetual universal license to use the material in connection with the motion picture, derivative works, ancillary uses (such as promotional use), and merchandising.
- The producer is not obligated to use the material.
- The owner warrants that it owns the material and has the right to grant the license, and will indemnify the producer against any claims or damages arising from its use of the material.
- The copyright owner releases the producer from any claims that the owner may have for libel, defamation, infringement, or otherwise.
Get a copy of the License to Use Copyright Material form signed by each copyright holder prior to starting shooting.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016