Music Publishing Agreement
Obtain publishing rights for an original piece of music with this easy-to-use Music Publishing Agreement template for the USA and Canada.
- Transfer of Rights. A composer sells and transfers all of its right and title to an original musical composition (including copyright) to the music publisher, in return for a percentage royalty on the sales of printed sheet music and recordings, licensing fees and performance royalties.
- Changes and Derivations. The publisher has the right to edit, retitle, change and make derivative works of the composition.
- Indemnification. The composer indemnifies the publisher against any copyright infringement claims.
- The template includes a Short Form Copyright Assignment form.
- This Music Publishing Agreement template can be used in either the United States or Canada.
Last Updated: 19-January-2022