(0) items
You have no items in your shopping cart.
All Categories

    Western Australia

    Prepare notices to serve on your tenant or your landlord with these downloadable template Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms for Western Australia.

    Q. Which laws govern landlords and tenants in WA?

    A. Residential tenancies in Western Australia are governed by the Residential Tenancies Act 1987 and the Residential Tenancies Regulations 1989.

    Q. How much notice must be given to terminate a tenancy agreement?

    A.  A fixed-term tenancy expires on the date specified in the tenancy agreement, however, the tenancy does not end until either the tenant or the landlord gives 30 days' written notice to the other party of their intention not to renew. A periodic tenancy can be terminated by the landlord giving the tenant 60 days' written notice (or 30 days' notice if the property is being sold and the sales contract requires vacant possession), or by the tenant giving the landlord 21 days' written notice.

    Q. Which documents must the landlord provide the tenant with at the start of the tenancy?

    A. At the beginning of the tenancy the tenant must be provided with:

    • a copy of the tenancy agreement (within 14 days of all parties signing it),
    • a copy of Form 1AC - Information for Tenant,
    • a copy of any applicable strata or community titles bylaws,
    • two copies of a completed Form 1 Property Condition Report (within 7 days of the tenant moving in),
    • if a security bond is paid, a completed Lodgment of security bond form to be signed and returned by the tenant, together with a receipt for the security bond,
    • contact information for the landlord and the agent (if applicable).
    Sort by
    Display per page