PEI Notice of Intention to Retain Security Deposit
If you plan to keep all or part of your tenant's security deposit, you must serve them with this Notice of Intention to Retain Security Deposit under the Prince Edward Island Rental of Residential Property Act.
- The Notice sets out how much of the deposit will be kept by the landlord, and for what reason(s).
- You must also inform the tenant how much interest accrued on the deposit, and how much they are getting back.
- The balance of the security deposit must be included with the Notice.
- The tenant has 15 days from receipt of the Notice to apply for a determination of the matter.
- Prince Edward Island Notice of Intention to Retain Security Deposit, available as a downloadable PDF file.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016