MD tenants, if you need to get out of your lease early, you will require the consent of your landlord and you must serve the landlord with this Maryland Notice of Termination Prior to Expiration of Lease.
- The Notice sets out that the lease will be terminated early, on a date specified in the notice, as mutually agreed between both parties.
- The tenant will not be liable for any tenant obligations under the lease after the termination date.
- The tenant agrees to pay a specified amount to terminate the lease.
- This notice is for FIXED TERM leases only, and not for periodic rental agreements (such as month to month tenancies).
- A Service of Notice Form is included to record the details of how the Notice is served.
This Maryland Notice of Termination Prior to Expiration of Lease
form is in MS Word format, and is easy to download, fill in and print.