Idaho Declaration of Non-Abandonment of Homestead


If you have to move out of a property in Idaho for more than 6 continuous months, preserve your homestead exemption by filing this Declaration of Non-Abandonment of Homestead.

  • You can file the Declaration for your primary residence if you have to leave home for a period of 6 months or more for work, military or other reasons, but ONLY if you plan to move back in when your commitment is completed.
  • Complete the form, sign it, have it notarized and then file it with the County Recorder.

You can download the Declaration of Non-Abandonment immediately after purchasing it.

Download Type: Microsoft Word
SKU: 8346
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016