Letter of Intent for Research and Development
Write a Letter of Intent for research funding, development and commercialization of products with this easy-to-use template.
- The Letter of Intent is a good faith negotiation tool to finalize an R&D agreement between a research institution and a company seeking to fund a particular field of research.
- Each party agrees to keep all of the other party's information confidential.
- The company will fund the research in exchange for the opportunity to develop and produce marketable products.
- The company will also acquire rights to the underlying intellectual property and patents.
- The Letter of Intent is an agreement in principle, not a legal contract, and is not legally binding except as it relates to the negotiations.
- This is a generic form which can be used anywhere.
Last Updated: 24-June-2021