Bring in a roommate to share the rent and reduce your rental costs with this Michigan Roommate Agreement.
- The landlord must consent to the Agreement, because it will involve different people moving in over the course of the rental term.
- Any roommate who plans to vacate the premises is responsible for finding a suitable replacement roommate, and for continuing to pay rent and utilities if he/she fails to find a replacement before moving out.
- The Agreement provides for either equal sharing of rent and expenses, or for a different split of the bills based on usage.
- If pets are allowed, each roommate is solely responsible for cleaning up after, and repairing any damage caused by, his/her pet.
- Each roommate is responsible for complying with the terms of the rental agreement.
- The roommates agree not to use the personal property of any other roommate without their consent.
- All roommates are equally responsible for cleaning and household duties.
This Michigan Roommate Agreement
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.