This free Commercial and Retail Lease Handbook is published by the Australian Capital Territory Government as a guide to the Leases (Commercial and Retail) Act 2001.
The handbook describes:
- the rights and responsibilities of business tenants and landlords under the Act,
- which premises the Act applies to,
- procedures for lease disputes,
- what must be included in a disclosure statement,
- key money, bonds and guarantees,
- market rent reviews, options and renewals,
- turnover rent,
- other lease matters.
Published in 2002 by ACT Department of Justice & Community Safety.
Last Updated: 14-March-2018