Alberta Declaration of Trust for Crown Leases
Put crown leases into trust with this downloadable Declaration form for the Province of Alberta.
- Purpose of Trust. Title to the crown leases are being placed in trust as part of the sale and conveyance of the crown leases to a beneficiary.
- Role of Trustee. The trustee will hold the leases on behalf of the beneficiary, and will not sell, transfer or encumber them unless instructed to do so in writing by the beneficiary.
- Rights of Beneficiary. The beneficiary will have access to the lands for exploration, drilling and removal of petroleum and natural gas extracted from the lands.
- Payments. The beneficiary will make timely payment of its share of the annual rentals under the leases.
- This is a downloadable, easy-to-use template form.
- Intended for use only in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
Last Updated: 29-July-2021