(0) items
You have no items in your shopping cart.
All Categories

    Alberta Matrimonial Property Contract


    Reconciling spouses in Alberta should sign this Matrimonial Property Contract to specify what will happen to the matrimonial home if they should decide to divorce.

    • This agreement is only for couples who have no children.
    • The contract sets out the rights and interests that each spouse has in the matrimonial property (e.g. the home they live in), and their respective individual assets.
    • Neither spouse will have an interest in the other's RRSP contributions.
    • The parties intend that the contract will be the sole determinant of the disposing of the matrimonial property, and the contract will survive any divorce judgment granted to the parties.
    • A Matrimonial Property Contract can help make a final break-up much easier on both parties.
    • Intended for use only in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
    Download Type: Microsoft Word
    Last Updated: 28-June-2021
    SKU: 578
    Customers who bought this item also bought

    Alberta Prenuptial Agreement


    Alberta Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement


    Common law opposite-sex or same sex couples can qualify for certain rights and benefits under Alberta law by signing an Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement.

    In order to be eligible, you and your partner must:
    1. be emotionally committed to one another,
    2. share each other's lives,
    3. function as an economic and domestic unit, and
    4. must not be married to another person at the same time.
    Signing this Agreement means:
    • You and your partner are obligated to financially support each other.
    • You can register for joint coverage under Alberta Health Care.
    • Both partners are eligible for insurance coverage currently available to spouses.
    • Partners are entitled to all or part of a deceased partner's estate if he/she died without a will.
    • Other rights and privileges available to married couples.

    This template conforms to the statutory form required by provincial law for an Alberta Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement.

    Alberta Reconciliation Agreement


    A reconciling couple can set out in writing how property, custody and support issues will be handled if they split up again with this Reconciliation Agreement for Alberta.

    • The spouses agree to each take active roles in raising and nurturing the children, and to consult with each other on important issues such as health care, education and religion.
    • Child support will be paid in accordance with the Federal Child Support Guidelines or as amended by court order.
    • Both parents will contribute to the child's medical and dental expenses that are not covered by insurance.
    • If they separate again, the custodial parent will have possession of the matrimonial home and the other parent will have no interest in or claim to it.
    • Each party will pay its own debts, own its own property, and be solely entitled to its own pension and RRSP contributions.
    • Each party gives up any claim to the other's estate.
    • The parties intend that the Agreement survive any divorce judgment.
    • You will need to see a lawyer prior to signing the Agreement, to obtain independent legal advice and ensure that you understand what you are signing.

    Breaking up is hard to do, but you can make dealing with it a lot easier by signing this Alberta Reconciliation Agreement.