(0) items
You have no items in your shopping cart.
All Categories

    British Columbia Cohabitation Agreement


    In 2013 the BC Family Law Act drastically extended the property rights of cohabiting couples. If you and your partner have decided you each want to keep specific assets and debts separate, you need this British Columbia Cohabitation Agreement.

    • Couples who decide to live together instead of getting married do so for a reason. The new law may offer you additional rights and protections in some regards, but it may also impact your rights regarding your own separate property.
    • The Cohabitation Agreement allows you to specify which separate assets belong to which party, and which assets and property are jointly owned by both partners.
    • You can determine what will happen to your jointly owned assets if you decide to separate.
    • The two of you can also determine how your children will be raised, cared for and supported.
    • You will need to meet with a lawyer so that each of you can obtain independent legal advice before signing the Agreement.

    Because of the changes to British Columbia laws, signing a Cohabitation Agreement is a wise move. Download yours today, and discuss it with your lawyer so you know how the Family Law Act affects you.

    Download Type: Microsoft Word
    SKU: 7991